Showing posts with label news. Show all posts
Showing posts with label news. Show all posts

Thursday, 9 July 2015

Photos of arrested masterminds of the Kaduna & Jos bomb blasts

These are the faces of the arrested masterminds of the bomb blast in Kaduna and Jos this week. They were arrested by Nigerian troops yesterday July 8th...

Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Who wore it better? Kemi Akindoju vs Tonye in shirt dress

Who wore it better? Kemi Akindoju vs Tonye in shirt dress

Actress Kemi Akindoju and singer/songwriter Tonye in a 'Zebra Living' shirt dress. Kemi wore it first to the birthday of Debola Williams on March 10th while Tonye wore hers three days ago March 15th to a skincare launch event. Who wore it better?

Thursday, 16 October 2014

Family who sent texts to mobile buried with late gran get replies 'from beyond grave'

Family who sent texts to mobile buried with late gran get replies 'from beyond grave'

Crazy things you hear everyday. According to the story, 59 year old Lesley Emerson (pictured left) who died from bowel cancer in 2011, was buried with her favorite things, including her phone...and then her family began to receive messages from the phone which they had put in the coffin with her.

From UK Mirror
Shocked Sheri Emerson received a message from her beloved dead grandma from 'beyond the grave' - after a cruel prankster was given her old number. Lesley Emerson, 59, was buried with her mobile phone because she loved to send her loving family text messages.
Granddaughter Sheri and other close family members continued to 'contact' the dead grandma via SMS as a means of coping with their grief. But a shocked Sheri got a reply telling her: "I'm watching over you, and it's all going to get better. "Just push through."
Sheri Emerson and her uncle Graham received messages from 'beyond the grave'
Lesley's family was assured her number would never be used again.

But, three years after her death, O2 gave her old number to another customer - who answered the messages thinking they were "jokes" from friends.

The new user then turned prankster - and sent a series of replies when he realised his number once belonged to a dead person.

Sheri's blood ran cold until the new owner confessed.
The 22-year-old care worker from South Shields, South Tyneside, said: "I felt sick when I read it, I was in shock, I didn't know what to think.
"I'd sent a message on Wednesday night telling her about family life and then I got the reply on Thursday.
"Obviously we know that nan wasn't going to ever reply, it was just something we did as a comfort for ourselves, because she loved to text.
"So you can imagine what I was thinking seeing a message flash up from her."

Lesley died of bowel cancer in July 2011 and was buried with her favourite things in South Shields Harton Cemetery - including her mobile.
During the last three years, Sheri, along with her father John Emerson, 42, and uncle Graham Emerson, 29, have sent messages to Lesley's mobile for comfort.

Phone giants 02 assured them the number would be terminated forever.
But several messages came through last week, with another telling Sheri "not to worry".

She then sent another message asking who sent the text, to which she received the bizarre reply of: "A disturbing vegetarian".

Sheri added: "The person must have realised what was going on and replied that they were sorry."

Sheri's Uncle John contacted Lesley's phone and spoke to a man who said he'd been using her old number for the last few weeks.

Culled from UK Mirror

Saturday, 20 September 2014

Synagogue: Death toll of South Africans increase to 84, 17 unaccounted for In an interview with AFP, the South African High Commissioner to Nigeria, Lulu Mnguni, said the number of South Africans that died in the Friday September 12th building collapse at the Synangogue church has increased to 84 and that 265 South Africans survived the incident. “The number has risen from 67 to 84, with more bodies discovered on Thursday, September 18th. The number of South Africans who were in the church might be higher, as we believe that some people organized the trip themselves without using travel agents. "There are 265 South African survivors. Initially, there were 96 injured South Africans, but now there are only 29 still in hospital, including a three-year-old,” Mr. Mnguni said H also said that 17 South Africans are unaccounted for. It is believed that there were about 349 South Africans visiting the popular church at the time of the collapse.

Synagogue: Death toll of South Africans increase to 84, 17 unaccounted for

In an interview with AFP, the South African High Commissioner to Nigeria, Lulu Mnguni, said the number of South Africans that died in the Friday September 12th building collapse at the Synangogue church has increased to 84 and that 265 South Africans survived the incident.
“The number has risen from 67 to 84, with more bodies discovered on Thursday, September 18th. The number of South Africans who were in the church might be higher, as we believe that some people organized the trip themselves without using travel agents.
"There are 265 South African survivors. Initially, there were 96 injured South Africans, but now there are only 29 still in hospital, including a three-year-old,” Mr. Mnguni said
H also said that 17 South Africans are unaccounted for. It is believed that there were about 349 South Africans visiting the popular church at the time of the collapse.

Friday, 12 September 2014

Is this a gruesome suicide photo or a prank photo?

 Is this a gruesome suicide photo or a prank photo?


A twitter user said he was passing through a street in Magodo, Lagos and saw people taking pics of an apparent suicide victim... he took the pic and shared on Twitter. Is this for real though? Someone committed suicide and they are taking photos or...that's not a human being? 

Tuesday, 12 August 2014

Three brothers aged 15, 12 and 10 disappear after bike ride together

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Three brothers aged 15, 12 and 10 disappear after bike ride together

Three brothers Remus, 15, Janko, 12 and David Matlock 10 have been declared missing after they took a bike ride together and failed to return to their home in Sunderland UK last night August 11th.

According to Northumbria police, the brothers went to the Mowbray Park near their home around 5.20pm yesterday and were due home around 8pm but didn't make it home and have not been answering their mobile phones.

This morning the police released description of the boys in an appeal to find them...
"We have descriptions of the three boys who are Polish, speak good English and had bicycles with them. Remus, 15, is  5 feet 7" tall, slim build, dark coloured hair in a big quiff at the front and shaved at the back. Last seen wearing joggers, baseball cap and t-shirt and a black cycling helmet. Janko, 12, is 4 feet 8" tall, fairer hair styled in a quiff and short at the back, medium build, last seen wearing smart mustard coloured chinos, converse type trainers, blue lightweight waterproof jacket with a white zip and a silver cycling helmet
"David, 10, is 4 feet 8" tall, shaggy dark brown hair, chubby build, possibly wearing shorts and a top and a silver coloured cycling helmet." A spokesperson said

Man arrested for killing school pupil after she refused his sexual advances

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Man arrested for killing school pupil after she refused his sexual advances

The Ebonyi state police command has arrested 28 year old Sunday Nwali for allegedly killing a pupil miss Chioma Ezekwele of Kingdom Secondary School in Ikweator Idembia in Ezza South Local Government of Ebonyi state after she refused his sexual advances.
 
Parading the suspect before newsmen at the state police command in Abakaliki the state capital, the state Police Commissioner, Mr Maigari Dikko said Nwali aka Machine in company of his friends named Chukwuma Eloma and Friday Ebenyi had gone to the hostel of the school where they accosted late Chioma and her friend Sandra. He demanded sex from Chioma which she refused and in annoyance, he shot her dead. He then asked her friend Sandra to have sex with him and in fear, she agreed. He took her to a nearby bush where he raped her and then fled the scene. Continue...
'Chioma resisted a move by Nwali to have carnal knowledge of her and in annoyance, he shot her dead. He then dragged Sandra to a nearby bush, defiled  her and ran away. His two accomplices, who were later identified by Sandra, were arrested and charged to court for conspiracy/murder.” the Commissioner said
Nwali was recently involved in a murder case after he and his gang killed the three year old son of one Mr Orie Okorie who they gone to assassinate in Effium in Ebonyi state.

Saturday, 9 August 2014

Photos: Lagos State sets up Isolation Wards for Ebola victims

Photos: Lagos State sets up Isolation Wards for Ebola victims

Lagos State Government has built Isolation Centers for patients with symptoms of the Ebola virus at the Mainland Hospital in Yaba. The isolation ward is situated at the back of the hospital and are tents
under which patients are camped and fenced in with planks. 

The isolation centre was built to help contain the situation and reduce possible spread of the disease.

Lagos Governor Babatunde Fashola, Commissioners for Health, Dr Jide Idris, and Special Adviser on Public Health, Dr Yewande Adeshina visited the place today and said the facility is ready for use. 

See what the Isolation centre looks like after the cut...




 Photo credit: Sahara Reporters

Fear of Ebola: See Air Hostesses on a West African flight

Fear of Ebola: See Air Hostesses on a West African flight

This is supposedly a pic of air hostesses on a West African flight. The person who sent in the pic gave the name of the country and airline but since I have no way of confirming it, we will leave that out. Meanwhile continue to see how attendants at Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos collect money now...



Ebola Gloves...:-). It's better to be safe than sorry!

Friday, 8 August 2014

Photos from Agatha Amata's TV studio commissioning

Photos from Agatha Amata's TV studio commissioning

The commissioning ceremony of Agatha Amatha's state-of-the-art television studio took place today 8th August in Illupeju, Lagos. Delta state Governor, Emmanuel Uduaghan, Commissioner for Information Delta state Chike Ogeah, Fountain of Life Pastor, Taiwo Odukoya, Nollywood actresses, Iretiola Doyle and Taiwo Ajayi-Lycett and others were there to witness the commissioning.

An emotional Agatha pictured above with Iretiola Doyle by her side. See more pics after the cut..



 

Ebola: 2 fresh cases confirmed in Lagos, GEJ summons emergency meeting

Ebola: 2 fresh cases confirmed in Lagos, GEJ summons emergency meeting

The Federal government has confirmed two more cases of Ebola virus disease in Lagos. This brings to a total of 9 confirmed cases in Nigeria, seven infected with the disease and two dead. 
The federal government also said about 139 persons who have had direct or indirect contact with the confirmed cases are currently under surveillance.
Meanwhile President Jonathan has summoned an emergency meeting at the State House Abuja over the virus outbreak in the country.

Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Boko Haram is the military wing of the APC - Fani Kayode tweets

Boko Haram is the military wing of the APC - Fani Kayode tweets

Hmmm....

Photo: Nigerian women & children take refuge in Chad Desert Island

Photo: Nigerian women & children take refuge in Chad Desert Island

Photo above shows Nigerian women and children currently taking refuge in the Chadian Island of Choua, a desert land that is in no way habitable. The women and children ran to the Chad island after numerous attacks on their village, Kolikolia in Borno State by the Boko Haram sect.
According to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Ariane Rummery, the Chad Government has signified interest in moving the women and children to a habitable village where they can settle and get minimal comfort.

Monday, 28 July 2014

Osun campaign: Lagbaja rejects Iyiola Omisore’s offer, blasts him...

Osun campaign: Lagbaja rejects Iyiola Omisore’s offer, blasts him...

Muiscian Lagbaja over the weekend reportedly turned down an offer by the Iyiola Omisore Campaign Organisation to perform at the grand finale rally & reception for Pres. Jonathan scheduled to hold in Osogbo, Osun State, next week.

According to The Nation, Lagbaja was approached to entertain supporters of Omisore, the candidate of PDP in the up-coming governorship election in Osun State, but he declined the offer, saying;
"Though the court of the land discharged and acquitted you (Omisore) in the murder case against the former Minister of Justice in Nigeria, the late Cicero of Esa-Oke & foremost nationalist, Chief Bola Ige, I have deep-rooted innermost conviction that you are culpable in the death of my mentor and benefactor. If you offer me all the allocation of Osun State during your four-year-tenure peradventure you win (which I seriously doubt), I will not perform for Iyiola Omisore governorship election.”

Bomb blast at Trade Fair Complex in Kano today

Bomb blast at Trade Fair Complex in Kano today

A bomb went off this afternoon around 1.40pm at the Trade Fair Complex on Zoo Road close to the popular Shoprite shopping mall in Kano State. According to police report, a female bomber about 18 years old died, while at least six people were injured. The area has been cordoned off  by security attached to Shoprite. Details later...

Boko Haram kidnaps wife of Cameroon's Vice Prime Minister

Boko Haram kidnaps wife of Cameroon's Vice Prime Minister

The wife of Cameroon's Vice Prime Minister, Amadou Ali, was kidnapped this morning July 27th after men of the Boko Haram sect stormed her home in the northern town of Kolofata, Cameroon's information minister and government spokesman revealed.

Mrs Ali was kidnapped alongside her domestic staff and one other person. The insurgents also killed 3 people in the attack on Kolofata, a town in Cameroon's Far North Region near Nigeria

Colonel Felix Nji Formekong, the second commander of Cameroon's third inter-army military region (RMIA3) based in the regional headquarters of Maroua, said the sect members are believed to still be in the town fiercely engaging military officers
"The situation is very critical here now, and as I am talking to you the Boko Haram elements are still in Kolofata town in a clash with our soldiers. Some of them have already taken away the wife of Vice Prime Minister Ahmadou Ali and her house help while the bodyguards of the Vice Prime Minister have succeeded in taking him out of the town to Mora," Formekong said, adding that there could be more casualties" he said

Thursday, 24 July 2014

Photos: Adanna Ohakim and husband honeymoon in Paris

Photos: Adanna Ohakim and husband honeymoon in Paris

Adanna Ohakim, one of the daughters of former Imo State governor Ikedi Ohakim, who got married this past Saturday July 19th to David Steineker, is currently in Paris, France for her honeymoon. See more pics after the cut...