Thursday, 12 June 2014
Picture: Federal Executive Council meeting in memory of late Akunyili
Eventually! Governor Fashola slashes LASU school fees
Thursday, June 12, 2014


Announcing the reduction at a press conference yesterday in Alausa Ikeja, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Education, Fatai Olukoga said after much deliberations by the adhoc committee set up by the Governor to look into all the grey areas of the proposed new fees, the Governor yesterday adopted the committees recommendations and approved the reductions.
“Government agrees that with the subsidized tuition fees and appropriate moderation of incidental fees, a reduction ranging from 34% to 60% is possible across the different faculties and courses. Government has therefore approved the reductions and, in accordance with the law setting up the university, forwarded its approval to the institution’s Governing Council for implementation. The council will issue details of what is now payable by students in each department" Olukoga said
Olukoga also said the reduction in fees would not
affect the state government's release of research fund, scholarship,
bursary provisions and promised that the government's spending on
infrastructure and physical development of LASU will continue.
image: Omo London strips herself to wish Super Eagles World Cup win in Brazil






Image: TCD for WildFlower PR
Make up: Lois for Spotted Pro
Hair: Paul
Styling: Bubu Ogisi
Wednesday, 11 June 2014
The Governor Fashola declares tomorrow June 12 public holiday
The Governor Fashola declares tomorrow June 12 public holiday


The approval was contained in a circular signed today by the Head of Service Lagos State, Mrs Oluseyi Williams. The circular reads in part;
“In commemoration of June 12, 1993 as significant in the actualization of Democracy in Nigeria, it is hereby notified for general information that His Excellency, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN, the Governor of Lagos State, has approved Thursday, 12th June, 2014 as a work free day.”I'm sure Lagos state workers will be happy to hear this. Work will resume on Friday, June 13th.
Woman viciously attacked & stabbed her eye by her father-in-law


Jageer Mirgind was left blind and scarred for life after 51-year-old Manjit Mirgind slashed her wrists and stabbed her in the eyes screaming 'I am going to kill you'.
Mrs Mirgind’s children, just three and six years old, watched the horrific attack at their mum's home in Kensington Gardens, Ilford, East London, and pleaded with their grandfather to stop. Continue...
The mother has been left partially-sighted in both eyes while the children can no longer sleep alone and have recurring nightmares.
The crazed attacker wrongly believed his daughter-in-law was 'sleeping with a Paki' and that she had 'ruined his family', Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.
Tragically, Mirgind misunderstood the situation when his daughter was the victim of a series of prank calls.
After punching her in the face he dragged her into the kitchen where he savagely kicked her before grabbing a knife.
He eventually left and went home as his wife called an ambulance for Mrs Mirgind. He later turned himself in at the police station and told them exactly what had happened.
Judge Nigel Peters QC said: 'You have accepted that you have caused the most serious injuries to your daughter in law.
'You set about her having taken umbrage because you felt she was having affairs when it turned out she had been receiving prank calls.
'You set out with great hostility and vengeance - you punched her, forced to the ground and kicked her and took knives to her face and wrist to gouge her eyes.
'She has since lost a lot of sight in both eyes and there is major scarring to her face.
'She has a stutter as well, most likely caused by the loss of confidence and lack of sleep and general work.
'So distressing was that her children, your grandchildren, witnessed it from start to finish and pleaded with you to stop but you did not stop.'
Father-of-four Mirgind stared at the floor as he was jailed for ten years and eight months at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
Crown lawyer Jonathan Turner said Mrs Mirgind's children had suffered, having begged the defendant to stop and they saw the blood everywhere.
‘Their life has changed and they cannot sleep alone while the marriage of their parents has disintegrated.’
Mrs Mirgind has since moved to Nottingham with her two children.
The court heard the defendant Mirgind had been an leading member of the Sikh community and often drove young worshippers to the temple.In a statement read by his lawyer Edward Boateng-Addo, he said: ‘I am a hard-working family man who left his job to care for his ill mother seven years ago.
‘I was stressed out at the time and nothing can excuse what I did.
‘I was trying to protect her - I am a peaceful and honest man and I know I will not have the chance to apologise but I do look to the court to say how sorry I am.
He had initially been charged with attempted murder but prosecutors later accepted a plea of causing grievous bodily harm with intent in order to avoid having to go to trial.
Mirgind, of Mayfair Avenue, Ilford, admitted causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
A single count of attempted murder has been left to lie on the court file.
Question: How many times a week should a couple have sex?
Me I think it should be twice a day. One when you wake up in the morning and once more before you sleep at night...(and any chance you get in between...hehe)..that's why I'm targeting a young husband. ..who's still capable...lol.
But seriously, how many times do you think couples should have sex in a week? Twice? 3 times? Every night? Experts say love making shouldn't be timed and we should always allow things to flow naturally, that putting a time frame on it will only water down the passion and energy meant to be put into the act. Thoughts?
Meanwhile is it true that some of you men can go 4 rounds in one night...or is it just myth? #Don'tlie
But seriously, how many times do you think couples should have sex in a week? Twice? 3 times? Every night? Experts say love making shouldn't be timed and we should always allow things to flow naturally, that putting a time frame on it will only water down the passion and energy meant to be put into the act. Thoughts?
Meanwhile is it true that some of you men can go 4 rounds in one night...or is it just myth? #Don'tlie
The Supper Eagles have landed. images of Super Eagles stars in Brazil


On their way to Brazil
New Video by Seyi Shay ft. Patoranking & Shaydee - Murda
Seyi Shay releases brand new video for her latest hit single Murda ft. Patoranking & Shaydee. Directed by Meji Alabi for JM Films. Enjoy it now!
Bring back our brothers in indonesian prison/ Nigerian brothers incarcerated abroad
Members of the Fresh Start Youth Foundation led by its National Coordinator, Barr. Chidi Ujoatumba (standing Left on black Jacket), on June 9th at the Unity Fountain Abuja protested the continuous incarceration of Nigerians in Indonesia Prisons.
Barr. Ujoatumba said the essence of the rally was to spur immediate response from our government to the call of many Nigerians languishing in prison abroad especially in Asian countries but Indonesia in particular and to effect the prison Swap Agreement reached by the Nigeria government. See the official letter from group of incarcerated Nigerians in prison sent to President Jonathan after the cut..
Below is a letter from the prisoners in Indonesia to Pres. Jonathan through the Embassy of Nigeria in Jakarta, Signed by John Sabastine Edeh and made available to Fresh Start Youth Foundation.
Mr President,
Through,
The Embassy of Nigeria in Jakarta
JI, DENPASAR RAYA BLOK A.13 NO. 3
KUNINGAN TIMUR P.O.BOX 3649
JAKARTA SELATAN, 12950, INDONESIA
KUNINGAN TIMUR P.O.BOX 3649
JAKARTA SELATAN, 12950, INDONESIA
Sir,
PLEA FROM INCARCERATED NIGERIANS IN INDONESIA PRISONS
This is a plea from a deep rooted agony in the heart of a group of Nigerian citizens held in Indonesian prisons.
Sir, it has been a long time now we have been looking for rescue from our Nigerian Government. This has become so pressing because of the ordeal we have been forced to go through, which is beyond what the Embassy alone can handle.
Most of us have been locked away in the demeaning jails of Indonesian Government, it has thus been tortuous years of topsy-turvydom which has become the nature of our case. We were wrongly accused of breaching various Indonesian laws.
This therefore is a pure conjecture based on supposition and innuendos as most of us are decent Nigerian business men doing legal bussines/job in the country.
The Indonesian Government has thought otherwise unfortunately and had decided to string us go through difficult travails.
Thus, the Foreign affairs Ministry and Embassy has done much in trying to repatriate Nigerian prisoners languishing in China and Asia pacific prisons in particular through the Nigerian government’s Federal Transfer Agreement (PTA) signed between Nigeria and some countries like China, Thailand, UK, India etc, but the Nigeria Embassy here in Indonesia have been telling us that because the Indonesia Government dont have there citizen in Nigeria prison that is why it has been difficult for us.
Sir, we are sure we have not been forgotten to die in vain as we still miss our dear country and lovely family/friends. We are therefore appealing to decency of your heart to intervene and save us from the murder-bent pursuit of Indonesian prison authorities. We know sir that Nigerian government can do well in extending the treaty with Indonesian government concerning Nigerians in the nation’s prisons as it was done in other countries.
Sir, we ask that you extend this same pertinent gesture to us as we are languishing away in the Indonesian prisons, because a change in this present dispensation in few months coming will have an adverse effect on our chance of actualizing this goal of bringing us home even when most of us did nothing to be here.
Mr President, we also pray fervently, for peace in our dear country back home because weare aware of the security and leadership challenges being faced by your government. But sir, we hold your kindness dear to our hearts, we know that our plea will not fall on deaf ears as we await the urgent intervention of the dutiful office of the Nigerian government.
Thank you for your anticipated intervention.
Yours fellow compatriot,
John SabastineEdeh
representing
Unjustly incarcerated Nigerian citizens
Image: Wale Elekolusi.
Another attacks in Plateau state, 2 churches razed,6 were dead

Gunmen launched an attack on residents of Gako and Tanjol communities in Riyom LGA of Plateau State in the early hours of this morning June 11th, killing at least 6 people and burning 2 churches.
Residents of the communities say five officers of the Police Special Task Force were also killed but this has not been verified.
Confirming today's attack, an Assistant Superintendent of Police and state Police spokesperson, Mr. Dominic Esin who spoke with Premium Times said 5 other people were injured in the attack and they have all been hospitalized
"On June 11 at about 1 a.m., unknown gunmen invaded two villages of Gako and Tanjol, shooting sporadically and in the process killing 6 persons, and injuring 5 others. The injured persons where rushed to the Vom Christian Hospital. Normalcy has been restored in the attacked areas and members of the public are advised to go about their lawful business and report any unscrupulous elements to the security agencies" he said.
Tuesday, 10 June 2014
images of BH men killed + weapons and cars recovered after battle with military


Yesterday the Nigerian military released a statement saying they foiled
an attack by Boko Haram men in Adamawa and Borno state on Saturday which
resulted in the death of 50 of the sect men.
Presidential Spokesman Reuben Abati this afternoon posted some pics of weapons recovered after the battle on his instagram page. He also shared a pic of some of the Boko Haram members killed.
Among the weapons recovered are 3,500 rounds of ammunition, 6 smoke grenade canisters, locally fabricated guns, 30 rifles, 36 hand grenades, 7 machine guns and 11 rocket propelled grenade tubes. See more photos after the cut...*Warning, graphic pic when you click continue* ...
Presidential Spokesman Reuben Abati this afternoon posted some pics of weapons recovered after the battle on his instagram page. He also shared a pic of some of the Boko Haram members killed.
Among the weapons recovered are 3,500 rounds of ammunition, 6 smoke grenade canisters, locally fabricated guns, 30 rifles, 36 hand grenades, 7 machine guns and 11 rocket propelled grenade tubes. See more photos after the cut...*Warning, graphic pic when you click continue* ...
20 women kidnapped in Borno, as military foils another attack, kills 50 militants
According to reports, suspected Boko Haram men kidnapped 20 women in Gakin Fulani, a normadic settlement which is not too far from Chibok community yesterday Sunday June 8th.
A member of the Vigilante Group of Nigeria, Alhaji Tar who spoke with Sahara Reporters, said the women were kidnapped along with three men who were there with them when the men arrived.
"We got the information that they went there, and took away the women at the time none of the males were there. The three young men they met there could not help the women, as the gunmen also ordered the three of them to enter the Hilux vans, and took all of them away.” he said. Continue...
Meanwhile the military in a press release today said it foiled an attempted attack by the sect group in Adamawa and Borno state over the weekend, killing 50 of them and retrieved some dangerous weapons from them.
The statement in part reads
"Troops conducting (the) anti-terrorists campaign in North-Eastern Nigeria have successfully averted (an) attempted massive raid on villages in Borno, and Adamawa States, during the weekend. The terrorists who were on their way to attack selected communities, were ambushed by troops along Biita, in Borno State, on receiving (an) intelligence report of the terrorists’ intention (s).
“The attack was launched on the terrorists as they filed out of the forest to embark on their mission at about 10pm on Saturday. Over 50 terrorists died in the fierce encounter that ensued, while 30 rifles, 36 Hand Grenades, 7 Machine guns, and 11 Rocket Propelled grenade tubes were captured by the troops. Also recovered from the terrorists were over 3,500 rounds of ammunition, 6 smoke grenade canisters, and locally fabricated guns as well as 4 vehicles used by the terrorists in the foiled attack.
“The four soldiers who were wounded in the operation are currently receiving medical treatment in the military medical facility. (A) Cordon and search (effort) is ongoing in the general area.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)
The Kansas City Chiefs’ proposed new stadium project has ignited national debate after reports revealed that the team is set to receive $1.8 billion in public taxpayer funding toward a $3 billion stadium in Kansas. If finalized, the deal would represent the largest public subsidy ever for a U.S. professional sports stadium.
The Kansas City Chiefs’ proposed new stadium project has ignited national debate after reports revealed that the team is set to receive $1.8...
-
The CDC has terminated its long-standing "universal" recommendation that every newborn receive a hepatitis B vaccine dose within 2...
-
8 Ebola awareness workers killed by villagers in Guinea 8 Ebola awareness workers including 3 journalists & 5 health workers we...


























