Random Post

Thursday 29 May 2014

The Beauty Of Eyebrow


Eyebrows
Just as the shape of a mustache can drastically change the appearance of a man’s face, the shape of the eyebrows affects the appearance of the eyes. In many ways, the overall appearance of the eye area is defined by the arch, length and thickness of the eyebrow. A lot of Nigerian ladies are in the trend of having perfectly shaped eyebrows which enhances their beauty. LEADERSHIP Weekend’s CHALYA DUL spoke to a beautician, Ann Enebe, who gave tips and views on how to achieve a perfectly shaped eyebrow. 
Ann says in order to achieve a perfectly shaped eyebrow the shape of the eyebrow is correct when the beginning of the brow is aligned with the center of the nostril and the arch falls over the back third of the eye. She went further to give us some essential tips to a perfectly shaped eyebrow.
Use an eyebrow pencil or powder that matches the colour of your own eyebrows. Exception: If you have pale or blonde eyebrows, you’ll need to use a colour that’s one or two shades deeper than your natural brow colour—this prevents blonde brows from looking washed out, especially when other eye makeup is worn.
Brush the brow up with a brow comb or toothbrush.
Whether you are using a pencil or powder, follow the basic shape of the existing brow
Apply the colour by filling in the shape of the brow between the hairs where needed.
As much as possible, work only with the hair that is there. The idea is to shade rather than draw on eyebrows.
Fill in only at the front or underneath the brow, or through the brow itself.
Do not place your brow colour, whether it is pencil or powder, more than one-quarter inch away from where the natural hair growth stops. This would accentuate the fact that there is no brow there in the first place.
Do not forget that eyebrow colour should look shaded and soft, not like a straight, hard line.
When applying brow gel, brush the color through the brow in much the same fashion as you apply mascara to the eyelashes. Brush the wand through your brows, being careful not to get the product on the skin and not to leave the brows standing straight up. It will probably take you a few applications to get the hang of it.
Talking to some ladies, they gave reasons they enjoy a perfectly shaped eyebrow.
Daharatu said: “when I have my eyebrow shaped, it gives me a completely different and classy look. It makes me look very different from my everyday look. While Ama said it makes a huge difference to my look; each time I want to look really pretty and fly I ensure I have a perfectly carved eyebrow.”
In Nneka’s view, ”sometimes I get tired of carving and shaping my eyebrow, but then when I decide to let it grow without carving, it gets really bushy. So most times, I carve my eyebrow to make them look organised and neat and it keeps me looking pretty too.”
 Stay up to date, follow us on Twitter; @thundergist

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thundergist Entertainment
comment here Now